Mini template system version 1.3.04 released
Mini template system for osCommerce 2.3.1 has been upgraded. The new version is version 1.3.04 What is new in this version:
Multi language compatibility improvements: Improved multi language compatibility for banner manager and link manager. There are no issues any more doesn’t matter if an additional language will be installed before or after activating the mini template system modules
Banner manager improvements
- New banner image has priority over existing image. There is no need anymore to empty the “existing image” field manually if you want to upload a new image
- You can now exclude the display of products, categories or manufacturers on the banner edit page for cases with many products. In this case, the radio selection fields are replaced by a input field to enter the product/category or manufacturer id manually
- The url of an existing banner can be reset. This was a missing feature of the original release
Link manager and menu maker improvements
- Separate menus per language: You have now the ability to create menu’s of different content per language. So you can for example display a particular menu (consisting of links to products, categories or any other links) in English and a completely different one for example in Spanish, depending on the language/country specific preferences of your visitors
- Cross sell menus: You can now create completely customized menus by freely selecting any product, category or manufacturer and of course any internal or external link and adding it to any menu level. Your menus have not to follow your products/categories structure any more.
This is a very useful feature in case you want to create “cross sell menus” grouping items of different categories into the same menu section.
If for example, you have a category fruits (lemons, melons, oranges), a category juices (lemon juice, melon juice, orange juice) and a category books (about melons, about lemons, about oranges), the regular display would be to create menu items that follow exactly this structure. What you can do now is, to create a menu item “all about lemons” and list under it the fruit, the juice and the book and any other related links
- You can also exclude the display of products, categories or manufacturers on the link manager page for cases of stores with really many products. In this case, the radio selection fields are replaced by a input field to enter the product/category or manufacturer id manually
- You can now set a “status” for complete link groups, to easily enable or disable them anytime
Various other changes and improvements, thank you all for your valuable feedback